Wednesday, April 16

Cycling in High Heels

One of the blogs I read, Copenhagen Cycle Chic, is dedicated to "bike advocacy in high heels." You won't find any lycra there, just chic women on nice bikes. It started in Copenhagen a while back, and now people send in chic cyclist pictures from all over the world.

Copenhagen Cycle Chic in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
When I came across this classy lady on my way in to downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, I thought wow, now that's Copenhagen chic. I'm the kind of guy that loves lycra and being covered in advertisements. I like bikes that are fast and light. I like all the things that most people hate/don't understand about road cyclists. But I can't deny the beauty of a chic lady in heels riding an old English three-speed through town. Cycling is hot.

No comments: