Wednesday, August 6

Witches Cup

I thought witches had cauldrons, not cups, but whatever. Salem, Massachusettes cashes in on the mold-induced hallucinations of colonial-era adolescent girls once again with the "Witches Cup"--a criterium race around Salem Common. This race is a week from today, and I've signed up for the 4/5 field. I'm not expecting to do fantabulously, with a wide field like that, but I'll represent the team as best as I can.

Come out and cheer me on if you like. There's detailed info on the Witches Cup website but basically: Salem MA, August 13th, 5pm-6pm is when I'll be racing. Also there's a free kid's race at 4 o'clock, so, yea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has a Promotor and Race Organizer I saw your post, buyt thought I should give you the heads uo that the Withes Cup is in Salem, MA. In your post you say Salem, NH.

Cassandra said...

I second Dan's comment, I was a bit confused. Also, I want to go. :(

Giles said...

Uh, yea, I was thinking MA but I typed NH. Thanks for the heads-up.

Josh A said...

I thought I was going to get an opportunity to use the excuse, "I showed up to the wrong Salem." Oh well.

Anonymous said...

heads up - the kids race isn't happening.
http://witchescup.com/racersinfo.html

Giles said...

blah, I guess I'll have to race as a category 5 then.