Friday, August 22

Another Criterium

Even after the discouraging results of the Salem Witches' Cup, I'm racing the Saco Bay Criterium tomorrow, Saturday. The format here is slightly different from the other criteriums (criteria?) in that it's 30 minutes plus five laps, so I'm expecting about 40 minutes of racing or so. the combined category 4/5 race for <35-year-olds starts at 2:45pm. The rest of the details are on the Saco Bay Criterium race flyer.

I've been spending a lot of time loafing the last couple of weeks, so my legs are very strong and well-rested, but my lungs and cardio don't have much to offer. We'll see how this goes.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I was thinking of heading up there too, but the Cat 4/5 35+ is only 20 minutes plus 5 laps, why do you guys get 10 extra minutes? Pretty short race, but looks like it would be a good time. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hey Giles, I thought Witches Cup was probably the fastest 4 or 4/5 crits I've ever done, comparable to Portsmouth last year. I would expect Saco to be tamer. I do the 35+, which last year wasn't as intense as Salem.