Monday, August 18

USCF Ranking

I like numbers. Words can only say so much before their untruth becomes glaringly evident, but you can make numbers say anything you like. In other words, there are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics.

With that in mind, I was perusing the United States Cycling Federation ranking pages; take a look at what I found:
I feel pretty secure in my lead--category 5 stage races in NH are a bit of a niche market, and there aren't any more this season. Also I am not sure why Keith Limberg is not second there, which he should be based on his stage race results.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making it all the way through a season of cat 4/5 races and coming out with mind, body, and bike intact is pretty good - doing all that and having your points ranking at the top is really pretty awesome. You would have had a good time at the Mt A race though. TT'ing on dirt is good for your handling skills and whitens your teeth.

Matt

Keith said...

I think I'm not showing up on that list since I just put in for the 5 to 4 upgrade last week and had it approved. I figured with all these 4/5 mixed field races, I may as well upgrade (I had the 10 mass start requirement) since I have to race in a field with 4s anyway (at least for the crits around here, the road races will be a different story, but that's next year).

Giles said...

Upgrade, huh. fancy! I'm going to have to continue sandbagging the cat 5 races for a while, [un?]fortunately.