Monday, May 11

Further Evidence of Global Warming

A week or two ago I mentioned global warming and how thrilled I was about it because global warming is good for cycling. If the ninety-two-degree April in New Hampshire didn't convince you that global warming is real and is affecting New Hampshire, please let me present to you, Exhibit B:

parrot macaw global warming portsmouth new hampshire bicycling bikesI was just biking along, minding my own business when this giant parrot alights on my shoulder, most likely mistaking my bright red jersey for a potential mate. What is this bird doing in Portsmouth, New Hampshire anyway? I can only assume that points south have been turned in to tropical rainforest or a desert wasteland reminiscent of Mad Max. I take my bike rides north these days, to Mount Agamenticus and Maine's coastal route 1 and 1A.

At any rate, there you have it. Sex-addled tropical fowl are appearing in New England. Clearly the end of the world as we know it is coming, and in short order. When the gasoline runs out and people are dumbfounded and lost without their cars, I'll be laughing triumphantly. Maybe people will think twice about driving the car to the end of the driveway to get the mail from the postbox, but by then it will be too late.

Also, macaws are pretty.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

This picture makes me die a little inside. Birds are so scary. =(

Keith said...

You look like some kind of new age pirate.

Suitcase of Courage said...

Funny post!

Reminds me of one of Inspetor Cleuseau's disguises.