Friday, May 3

A Dream

I had a dream last night. I found my bike, the aluminum Fuji, Tachikoma, all smashed up. The frame had been torn apart, a chain stay was completely missing. What!? How did this happen? I was just riding it a few moments ago! Distress and despair gripped me. "Oh, we can fix that," advised friend-family bystanders. We placed the pieces of the bicycle together. "There, see?" one said.
I looked at Tachikoma. The shattered frame was held together with plastic zip ties, and still missing a chain stay. I picked it up, and its stem and handle bars hung like a dead dog with a broken neck. I felt sick.
---
I've been thinking about this blog, recently. I still get a few thousand hits a month, despite not having posted in something like three years. I'm not committing to anything, but I've got cycling on the mind and I've been riding, so check back here occasionally or just hit subscribe in the upper right; there may be some fresh content coming out as the weather gets nice.
Until then, thank you for reading and keep the rubber side down.

No comments: